Monday, October 22, 2012

My How the Time Flies, Part Deaux (hehe)

It seems like only a couple of weeks ago that I posted last...but alas, it has been MUCH longer than that!
With  the holidays coming and everyone so busy, pressed for time, pressed for money, pressed for energy... I thought I would share a simple and FUN recipe with you all. I hope you enjoy (I know my family gobbled it up!).

**Warning, I use Tastefully Simple spices and herbs ALOT. So please, if you need a rep, I have a great one, use your own, or improvise on the seasonings, just make the recipe, your fam bam will applaud you!**

Veggie Stuffed Meatloaf Cups -Wrapped in BACON!

Meatloaf mixture

(I usuall set out the meat and eggs on the counter while I do my prep work, so that they are not so darned cold on my hands when I get to the mixing part.)

1 Pound Ground Beef
4 Eggs
2/3 Small Can Tomato Paste
1/2 Cap Tastefully Simple Onion Onion
1 Cap Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning mix (or to taste)
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
    Salt and Pepper to taste....
1 Thick Slice of Bacon and a Toothpick for each "Meatloaf Cup"

Mix well by hand, set aside

Pan Preparation
 Carefully wrap the back of a 6-12 cup muffin pan with foil. You want to ensure that every part of the back is covered -to avoid sticking to the pan itself, and easy clean up (Ya'll know how I heart me some easy clean up!). Spray with cooking spray.

Cover the back of each muffin cup with a thick layer of the meatloaf mixture, and make sure you don't have too much meat on the flat of the pan between cups...

Once the meatloaf mixture is in place, then wrap a bacon strip around each cup and secure with a toothpick.

Cooking

Set Muffin Pan on an elevated cooling rackwith a large cookie sheet or pan underneath to catch all of the grease, then place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 450 degrees. (If necessary to get desired color and crispness, place pan under broiler for five minutes).

While this is baking, slice up red onion (or whatevr you have on hand) and bell peppers of choice. Make sure to make up enough to fill each cup to heaping. Add salt, pepper, and Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon to taste.

While everything is baking and simmering, grate enough Parmesiano Reggiano Cheese to sprinkle liberally over each cup. I get mine in a BIG wedge for uber cheap at Costco!)

Once Meatloaf Cups are done, remove from oven and let rest for a few moments. Then carefully begin removing the foil from the pan. THis allows you to "pop" the cups off of the pan. Remove toothpicks, and fill with veggies. Sprinkle with cheese and dinner is complete, and DELICIOUS!! Clean up is minimal. WOOT!



Would love to hear your comments on this one. Especially if you tried it out. I am always eager to hear what works, what doesn't, and also if I need to tweak how I give my directions. (Yes, I am a woman who can take constructive criticism -sorta).           Now go make it an easy peasy, crafty, blessed kinda day, yo!     XOXO, V.



No comments:

Post a Comment